Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) Education and Training
CASS offers DAMP packages tailored to your requirements, including:
- Preparation of a compliant DAMP Manual
- Face-to-face training workshops for DAMP Supervisors
- Face-to-face education workshops for employees engaged in Safety Sensitive Aviation Activities (SSAA)
- Online 30-month renewal of DAMP education.
The 4 hour face-to-face DAMP employee education workshop covers:
- The Australian aviation sector alcohol and drug policies and programs
- Potential work-related problems relating to the consumption of alcohol or drugs (including prescription and over-the-counter medications)
- Staff rights, roles and responsibilities in relation to your DAMP
- The role of the Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- Support services available to address problems associated with alcohol or other drugs
- What substances will be tested for and how they will be tested under your DAMP and under CASA auditing procedures
- False positives – what can cause them and how to deal with them
- Management of a positive AOD test result, including disciplinary consequences.
Corcoran Aviation Safety Services will provide a fully qualified trainer (who is also a qualified DAMP Supervisor), course materials and training aids (e.g. handouts and testing equipment).
You will need to provide appropriate classroom space in which theoretical learning can be delivered, and where practical role-playing training can take place.
- Complies with Civil Aviation Safety Regulation 99 Subpart B.
- CASS Certificate to confirm satisfactory completion of DAMP Employee Education Workshop (online or face-to face) or Supervisor training.